Last updated : May 25, 2018.
ESSENTIAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
In operating our store, it is essential for us to capture some information about your device, such as your IP address and information related to your visit when you browse our store. For example, this might include time-stamp, the last page or product you visited, the indication that you logged in. We do that in order to:
- Remember who you are after you log in so that you do not need to authenticate at each click;
- Monitor if our website is running with the high performance we are dedicated to providing;
- Let you browse between products without having to start back from the home page at each click;
- Remember if you put something in your shopping cart before you decide to checkout; and
- Control that your data is processed securely.
1. Order information you expressly provide
If you buy something from our store, we will need more specific information about you. To fully process your order and ship the merchandise you selected, we need your personal data such as your first and last name, your email address and your shipping and billing address. We also use your contact and order information to send you communication related to the processing of your order. We will ask you to provide this information in our “checkout page” before letting you finalize your purchase with the payment.
You can sign up for an account if you’d like. This will make us happy because it confirms your
interest in our store. It should also make you happy because we will remember your information
3. Partial Purchases
If you have started to buy one of our products, but have not completed the purchase, you may have provided partial information, such as your email. In that case, we might send you an email to remind you about your interest. If you are not comfortable in receiving further emails of this kind, we will give you a simple opportunity to opt-out. Your privacy means a lot to us and we will stop sending you these communications right away.
If you have completed a purchase, we will send you an email to ask you to review the product you bought. We want to be sure that whether you love your purchase or have a complaint, you can share your opinion with other customers.
If you chose to subscribe to our newsletter by submitting your email address through one of our form or by checking the subscribe checkbox during checkout, we will send you emails about updates, promotions, new products and exclusive coupon codes. You can unsubscribe from this list at anytime by using the link at bottom of each email we send you or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. Rewards program
If you signed up for an account, you are automatically a member of our PPD Rewards Club which is a reward program offering you points for every purchase you make and in exchange of certain actions. These points can then be redeemed as discounts or free products. Learn more about the PPD Rewards Club by visiting https://www.pingpongdepot.com/ppd-rewards-club-details/
We also use some specific information related to your visit, such as the timestamp of your visit, the page or the product you viewed, where you are coming from (if you came to our store because you clicked on an advertisement or you just opened our direct link). This is very similar to the “essential information,” but we use it to provide you with a personalized experience. The information on your visit provides us with insights on your interests and allows us to send you relevant communications. We capture this information through cookies, called a "beacon," that we allow you to block.
8. Custom advertising
We are using Google Analytics in order to create personalized ads using Adwors or Google Shopping. You can manage your ads preference if you have a Google Account here: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=fr.
We are using the Facebook Pixel in order to create retargeting ads on Facebook according to page you visited, products you viewed or actions you took on our website.
If you wish to be excluded from custom advertising, contact us at email@example.com.
9. Postal mail marketing
We may occasionally send you advertisements or catalogs via postal mail. If you do not wish to receive these, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
HOW DO WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We use an external provider to run our store, BigCommerce. BigCommerce is based in the US and is a participant in the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and committed to providing best-in-class service and data protection. You can check its participation in the Privacy Shield here on the official site of The International Trade Administration (ITA), U.S. Department of Commerce.
Through BigCommerce, we also use other, highly specialized external providers to provide the most competitive services. For example:
- Payment: Our store is PCI-DSS compliant (a very strict industry standard with requirements for the security of credit card information), but we want to use accredited companies to process your credit card information. Payments are processed by Stripe (https://stripe.com), which is based in San Francisco, CA in the United States, or by Paypal (https://www.paypal.com/).
- Shipping: We integrate with a number of shipping companies to fulfill your orders: UPS (https://www.ups.com/), Tempo Logistik inc (https://tempologistik.com/), National Fast Freight (http://www.nationalfastfreight.com/) and Canada Post (https://www.canadapost.ca/). Partnering with highly specialized external companies allows us to focus on what we do best: selling great products.
- Reviews: Our review system is powered by Yotpo (https://www.yotpo.com/), which complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework.
- Reward program: Our PPD Rewards club is powered by Smile (https://smile.io/) based in Kitchener, ON; which complies with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU).
- Newsletter: We send our newsletter through Mailchimp (https://mailchimp.com/), an online marketing platform operated by The Rocket Science Group LLC, a company headquartered in the State of Georgia in the United States. MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
- Custom marketing: We are using Facebook Merchant, Google Adwords and Google Shopping in order to create personalized and retargeting ads.
How can you control your personal data?
If you are one of our customers who is in the EU, and we are specifically selling our products to the Member State where you are located, you have specific rights that we are honored to enforce without undue delay: Access, Correct, Erasure, Port, Object. If you cannot exercise your choice on your account page or if you do not have an account with us, please reach out to us, at email@example.com or using the contact details at the bottom of this page. We will be more than happy to help.
How long do we keep your data?
We keep your data for as long as you have an account with us. We also keep some data for security investigation. Most importantly, we have specific obligations for fraud detection and tax reasons. Therefore, we might need to retain certain data even if you ask to delete it.
Do we have any legal obligations when handling your data?
Many. We might need to share your personal information to comply with applicable legal obligations, such as tax obligations or fraud detection.
Who can you reach out to for privacy matters?
You can contact our Data Privacy Leader here: firstname.lastname@example.org
Do you need to lodge a complaint?
If you have any privacy complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with our supervisory authority: Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC). You can contact the OPC here: https://www.priv.gc.ca/en/contact-the-opc/
Ping Pong Depot
Laval QC Canada